Friday, March 12, 2010

Where is Your Happy Place?





My happy place is a dance floor with flashing lights, energizing dance music and a thumping dance beat.  It is on this floor that I can let every single thing in my life slip away and truly feel at one with myself.  Let the feelings go.  Let yourself go.  Don’t think think think about everything you should be doing, just feel your body move to the beat and let go.  Who ever lets themselves feel this emotion?  I rarely do anymore.  What a shame.  Maybe that is where I could come up with my best ideas, or find myself.  You know the rule.  Once you stop thinking the ideas start coming to you?  I would like to build that dance floor in my house with my own DJ to play the best music anytime I want.  It is exercise for the mind and body.  Imagine if you woke up every morning to go to work but first took a spin on the dance floor.  How much more alert, energized, and focused would you be for the day?  Sitting in a board meeting would be a lot easier after burning some calories to beautiful music than it would to awake to the insistent shriek of an alarm clock.  I wish I could transport myself onto dance floors all over the world at the snap of my fingers.  I would be on one in Bangkok right now, dancing to David Aude's remix to Single ladies.  No, put me in New York.  Lost in the music and energy of all the other people there feeling what I am.  Maybe I should just hang a disco ball from my ceiling since I seem to bump my bass pretty loudly right where I am.  Don’t think I haven’t spent a night or two by myself having a dance party.  They are always more fun when others are there but I can’t say I didn’t have a fun time by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment